Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pretendiendo


A couple days ago I saw a Chilean movie, "Pretendiendo" also known as "Ugly Me." It stars the beautiful Barbara Mori, a Mexican actress.

At first, I was hesitant to sit through an English subtitled movie. I do normally watch Bollywood movies with English subtitles but with those at least I can pay attention to the actual movie without constantly looking at the subtitles. So, boredome led to deciding to watch a movie with subtitles. And I really liked it.

It's about a beautiful and successful woman who catches her boyfriend cheating on her with her best friend and then she decides to move to another city and disguises herself as a not-so-pretty woman so her abilities as a successful career woman shine through. In the meantime, she decides to use her new "ugly" appearance to teach a playboy coworker a lesson (a lesson she feels all men need to learn since her experience with her ex-boyfriend.)

It's one of those movies where the viewer can assume what will happen next, but you still want to watch. And more than the main character, I was interested in the playboy coworker's transformation.

Anyways, a good movie. Worth a watch.

No comments: